a) Hamphotos is a non-commercial web portal for Radio Amateurs (Ham Radio operators). Members who have registered on Hamphotos can upload and share high-quality photographs related to Amateur Radio activities. Non- registered visitors to the portal can view the photographs to understand about Amateur Radio.
b) Hamphotos is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy statement explains how we collect, process, and disclose information about you.
This policy addresses the following aspects:
B. The information we collect and the sources of such information
1) During the registration process, we collect the name, call sign (identifier code of the amateur radio license which contains a country prefix and a personal suffix) and e-mail ID of the members. These are considered to be essential for contacting our members as part of the services being provided. Members may provide their profile photo and grid locator (a code indicating the geographical coordinates of the licensed station), we collect and display this information for the benefit of other members.
2) We make use of Google Analytics to identify which pages on our website are visited most. Google Analytics also tell us from which country you are accessing our web portal.
3) We also use a third-party application to identify the country flag based on the home country you select during the registration process. The home country flag will be displayed on your profile page as well as the ‘Radio Amateurs’ page.
C. Storing your personal information
4) The data collected during the registration process are visible to registered users who log-in. For others, only the name, call sign, and the country flag are visible.
5) The data is stored within the server in an encrypted form which is accessible only to the Data Processor.
5) We do not disclose or pass on your personal information to any outsider.
6) Data is stored in the Google Cloud Server where the security features are high.
7) The Data Processor’s premise has a system of periodical data safety review and vulnerability assessment to check whether there is any potential attack or gaps.
8) Hamphotos is not using any Cookies.
9) Still, you can select your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer and such a selection will not anyway affect the performance of Hamphotos.
E. Links to other websites
The Explore page of Hamphotos contains links to other websites of interest. Once you have clicked on these links to leave our site, the policies of those websites will apply.
F. Protection of your rights regarding your private information
10) We are bound to tell you what personal information we have in store about you.
11) You have the right to:
a) Ask to view the personal data we store about you.
b) Request the correction of your personal data if you find it incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
c) Change your mind about your preferences or withdraw consent for us to store your personal data
12) If you make a request, the Data Controller will take action to get all the personal information about you deleted within a period not later than 72 hours of the receipt of your request. The Data Processor has created a “Forget Me” button at the admin panel for this quick action.
G. Photographs posted by other members
Hamphotos will not take any responsibility of the content of the photographs posted or shared on our platform. If another registered member posts a photograph with shows you and if you have an objection towards this, you may inform us on email@example.com along with the ID of the photo (which is available when you copy the link of the photo). We will then inform the member who posted the photo and request to delete the same. If this does not happen within 72 hours, the Data Processor will delete the photo from the server, under intimation to you and the member who posted the photo.
I. How long we keep your information
Unless you specifically send us a request to delete your personal data from our system by way of an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we may store your information since the registration at Hamphotos does not expire based on a timeline.
J. Our right to delete your information
Inactive or dormant accounts might get re-grouped and deleted over a period of time. If we suspect fraudulent registrations and do not get a response to our repeated e-mails, the account may get deleted. If inappropriate contents are posted on Hamphotos, then also the registration might get cancelled and the account information will get deleted from Hamphotos.
K. Data Controller and Data Processor
Data Controller: K G Girish Babu, VU2KGB (email@example.com)
Data Processor: Webandcrafts Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd (webandcrafts.com)
We keep our privacy notices under periodical review. This privacy notice has a reference number HP/PP/V.1.07 as updated on August 5, 2020.